2017 Artists, Lecturers, and Exhibitions
Keynote Speaker: Tim McCreight
Capstone Speaker: Robert Ebendorf
Abigail Heuss – Marriage of Metals
Jessica Calderwood – Figurative Techniques on Enamel
Blaine Lewis – Stone Setting
Ron Porter & Joe Price – Collectors on American Contemporary Jewelry
Gabriel Craig of Smithshop on Forging Techniques
Hiroko Yamada – Traditional Japanese Metal Techniques
Sharon Massey – Champleve on Steel
Melanie Bilenker – Victorian Remembrance Jewelry Techniques
- I.M.A.G.I.N.E. PEACE NOW– A Boris Bally Production– Exhibition debuted in the Wellington B. Grey Gallery
- Jewelry Edition Vol. 3 – In the African Art Gallery inside the Grey Gallery. Exhibition featuring emerging artists’ work for sale, organized by Kat Cole and Laura Wood.
- Collective Voices – Juried by Barbara McFadyen and Sarah Lock-Test – Burroughs Wellcome Gallery
- Pocosin Arts School of Fine Craft Resident Artists Show in 3rd Floor Hallway Case
- Bob Ebendorf & Les LePere Collaboration in Cube Cases on 3rd Floor
- Bobbles for Bob– Exhibition organized by Ken Bova, Barbara McFadyen and Nadia Massoud – Bob Ebendorf retired from ECU in 2016, and as a tribute to him, Ken asked students of Bob’s to create a Bob-ble, a charm or pendant on a simple cord or chain like Bob always wears. Displayed in the Burroughs Wellcome Gallery.
- Smitten 2016 at Greenville Museum of Art
- With Moves like MacGyver– Greenville Museum of Art – Highlighting the ingenuity of makers and metalsmiths to create a tool if they don’t have one; by Marissa Saneholtz.
- Personality – Greenville Museum of Art– An exhibition pairing jewelry & wine personalities