After the Art Walk on Friday night, be sure to stop by Dirty Lam Studios for Saw, File, Solder races! The game is on starting at 7:30.
The Dirty Lam is studio home to ECU alums Andy Denton, (MFA 2011, work pictured above) and Jordan Parah, (BFA 2014, below).
Bonus! The Nu Clear Twins will provide some tunes during Saw File Solder races at Dirty Lam Studios.
*Dirty Lam is located at 213 W 9th Street. This is a BYOB event for those of age.
Side note- we’d love to see your pictures through out the weekend! Please use #craftingconnections2015 on Facebook and Instagram pics!
- Friday Night, January 16th:
- 5-7 Registration (Jenkins School of Art)
- 6-9 Art Walk (Jenkins, Art Ave, Art Room, Greenville Museum of Art, Mendenhall Student Center)
- 7:30-11 Saw File Solder Races at Dirty Lam Studios (213 W 9th Street Greenville, NC 27858)
- Saturday, January 17th
- 8:30 am 9:00 am Breakfast
- 9:10 am Keynote Speaker: Jamie Bennett (Auditorium- Lecture)
- 10:30-12:30 Break-out Workshops:
- Rachel Shimpock (Room 108)
- Ian Thomas (Room 102)
- Kim Cridler (Room 1322)
- Courtney Starrett (Room 1325)
- Kristin Beeler (Room 1327)
- 11-12:30 Additional Programming: Panel Discussion (Auditorium)
- 12:30-1:30 Lunch
- 1:30-3:30 Break-out Sessions
- 3:30-4:00 Tea & Crumpets
- 4:00 pm Ana Lopez (Auditorium- Lecture)
- Picosin Art Center Presentation (Auditorium)
- ECU Italy Program: Jennifer Wells (Auditorium)
- 5:00pm Chip Thomas (Auditorium- Lecture)
- 6:00pm T-shirt sales, raffle sales, pin swap!
- Sunday, January 18th
- 8:30 am Breakfast
- 9:00 am Mary Frisbee Johnson (Auditorium- Lecture)
- 9:50 am
- 10:45-12:45 Break-Out Workshops:
- Demitra Thomloudis (Room 108)
- Stephanie Metz (Room 1327)
- Becky McDonah (Room 1322)
- Chip Schwartz (Room 139
- Nicole Jacquard (Room 1325)
- 11:15-12:45 (Auditorium) Additional Programming: Panel Discussion
- 12:45-1:45 Lunch
- 1:45-3:45 Break-Out Workshops
- 3:45-4 Tea & Crumpets
- 4:00 Raffle Reveal
- 4:00 pm
Brigitte Martin (Auditorium- Lecture)
- 5:00 pm Capstone: Laura Wood (Auditorium- Lecture)
- 6:00 pm Closing Thoughts
- 7pm-?? Party @ Tipsy Teapot!
You will receive your workshop assignments at registration! And we will have maps and info for the Art Walk at the check-in table!
The count down to the 2015 Symposium has begun! We’ll see you on Friday the 16th for *Registration* from 5-7 pm at the Jenkins Art Building and Art Walk festivities! Here’s a preview of what’s to see!
Naughty Narrative will be at the Art Ave gallery, brought to us by Danielle James and Andrew Kuebeck.
The Greenville Museum of Art will have two shows for you, Smitten Forum and Process to Product.
And that’s just the beginning!
** The Symposium is full, “Registration” is for those who have paid and pre-registered. We need you to say howdy, sign in and get your name tag and program. This is also the time to have your charm (or pin!) ready for the Charm Swap! (And if you can’t make it Friday, you can also stop by the registration table on Saturday morning starting at 8 am)!
This year’s after party (Sunday the 18th, 7pm) will be hosted by The Tipsy Teapot and Limelight; we’re very excited to support and work with these local businesses. Hang on the name tag you receive when you register, it will be your ticket in!
We will be treated to the musical artistry of DJ Tyme, courtesy of Spazz Presents, a non-profit that promotes local music here in Greenville!
And if you’re game for some live music on Friday night, check out this show happening at The Art House.
We’ll see ya’ll soon for the 6th annual ECU Metals Symposium: Crafting Connections!
A shout out and major thanks to Danielle James who’s been doing our graphics!
Stay tuned for details to the Artwalk on Friday night!
Hello Everybody, We’re working on all of our final preparations for the upcoming ECU Metals Symposium and thought we’d provide some need to know information. If your question is not addressed below, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org! Plan to arrive in the early evening on Friday, January 16th. We will have a registration table open in the main lobby of Jenkins Fine Arts Building (right off of 5th and Jarvis Streets) from 5 -7 pm. (Don’t worry if you miss it you can register on Saturday morning as well.) At registration you will receive a nametag, your program, conference schedule, local maps, and flyers for art events. Additionally, you may drop off your charm for the charm swap and we will also have a table for you to place any promotional materials or business cards you may have brought with you. Conveniently, the Jenkins Fine Art Building also houses two fabulous exhibits to start you on the Greenville Art walk. Both JEWELRY Edition and Four Hands Are Better Than Two: A Collaborative Exhibition will be open for viewing in the Art Building. These shows and so much more await you on the Greenville art walk. The rest of the off campus destinations (Uptown galleries and the Greenville Museum of Art) can be reached either by foot or by the Jolly Trolly! We are all very excited to welcome you for what should be a wonderful weekend. There are a few more reminders:
- If you are staying with a student host, please be respectful of your host. We are opening our homes to you.
- The name tag you are given at registration is your pass into workshops and the after party. Don’t get caught with out it!
- Bring some spare cash to purchase Symposium t-shirts and raffle tickets to win a pin crafted by an ECU Metals Design student or faculty member!
- We are at capacity for the number of attendants in our workshops. Please be respectful to fellow participants, presenters, Symposium staff and ECU students.
- Please use the recycling and waste bins placed throughout the building.
- And don’t forget your dancin’ shoes for Sunday’s after party!
Below are links to local and campus maps. http://visitgreenvillenc.com/map/http://www.ecu.edu/campusmaps/ If you are in need of reserving a hotel room, here is a long list of places in Greenville the area (go to ‘Jenkins Fine Art Center’ then Accommodations). And while we’re at it, Uptown Greenville has several restaurants listed that are close to our campus. Need a cab from the PGV airport? Here are some numbers! If you have any questions at all, please email us at email@example.com. Please do not call the ECU School of Art, we will help you! See you soon, Your Friendly Symposium Staff
Incase you missed the deadline, there is still time! We’ve extended two exhibition deadlines.
You have until November 30th to enter Process to Product and December 12th for Four Hands are Better than Two (Collaborative themed!)!
Access the prospectus’ here:
Call For Entries- Material Matters
Four Hands are Better Than Two Prospectus