Hello Everybody, We’re working on all of our final preparations for the upcoming ECU Metals Symposium and thought we’d provide some need to know information. If your question is not addressed below, please email us at email@example.com! Plan to arrive in the early evening on Friday, January 16th. We will have a registration table open in the main lobby of Jenkins Fine Arts Building (right off of 5th and Jarvis Streets) from 5 -7 pm. (Don’t worry if you miss it you can register on Saturday morning as well.) At registration you will receive a nametag, your program, conference schedule, local maps, and flyers for art events. Additionally, you may drop off your charm for the charm swap and we will also have a table for you to place any promotional materials or business cards you may have brought with you. Conveniently, the Jenkins Fine Art Building also houses two fabulous exhibits to start you on the Greenville Art walk. Both JEWELRY Edition and Four Hands Are Better Than Two: A Collaborative Exhibition will be open for viewing in the Art Building. These shows and so much more await you on the Greenville art walk. The rest of the off campus destinations (Uptown galleries and the Greenville Museum of Art) can be reached either by foot or by the Jolly Trolly! We are all very excited to welcome you for what should be a wonderful weekend. There are a few more reminders:
- If you are staying with a student host, please be respectful of your host. We are opening our homes to you.
- The name tag you are given at registration is your pass into workshops and the after party. Don’t get caught with out it!
- Bring some spare cash to purchase Symposium t-shirts and raffle tickets to win a pin crafted by an ECU Metals Design student or faculty member!
- We are at capacity for the number of attendants in our workshops. Please be respectful to fellow participants, presenters, Symposium staff and ECU students.
- Please use the recycling and waste bins placed throughout the building.
- And don’t forget your dancin’ shoes for Sunday’s after party!
Below are links to local and campus maps. http://visitgreenvillenc.com/map/http://www.ecu.edu/campusmaps/ If you are in need of reserving a hotel room, here is a long list of places in Greenville the area (go to ‘Jenkins Fine Art Center’ then Accommodations). And while we’re at it, Uptown Greenville has several restaurants listed that are close to our campus. Need a cab from the PGV airport? Here are some numbers! If you have any questions at all, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call the ECU School of Art, we will help you! See you soon, Your Friendly Symposium Staff