We cant wait until this weekend!!!! So here is a last minute checklist of things to bring!
- Personal Identification
- Cash & Credit/ATM Card(s)
- Reservations & Itineraries
- Business Cards
- Charm in a box
- BRING SOME OF YOUR WORK TO SHARE!!
- Smart Phone, Tablet & Charger
- Travel Apps: Airline Travel, Where to Eat, etc.
- Camera, Memory Card & Charger
- Music Player, Headphones, Speakers & Charger
- Computer & Cords/Laptop Sleeve
- Guide Books & Maps
- Personal Prescriptions
- Band-Aids for the Saw, File, Solder Sprints 😉
- Pain & Fever Relievers
- Allergy Medicines
- Throat Lozenges
- Energy Bars & Snacks
and here are just a few last minute reminders!
- Dont forget your toothbrush!
- If you are staying with someone please contact them if you have not already and make arrangements to meet with them.
- Ask your host/hostess if you will need an air mattress.
- When you register dont forget to pick up a schedule and turn in your charm, below are further charm swap instructions.
- HAVE FUN when you get here and enjoy the Art Walk Friday Afternoon!!!!
The charm swap at the ECU material topics symposium is always a lot of fun and full of anticipation as you never know whose charm you will receive! It’s great to see everyone’s work on a small and personal level.
If this is your first time at the symposium, don’t worry, it’s no pressure – just go with it and use this as an opportunity to experiment with your charm.
When you register at the symposium you will turn in your charm. Each charm is put in a lettered box (A,B,C,D). On the back of your registration card will be written one of those letters (of course it won’t be the one we put your charm in); at the end of the evening – 7pm – Letters will be announced so everyone gets a turn to pick their charm ONE AT A TIME PLEASE!!
Some times it can get chaotic – don’t worry, there is plenty to do if the line is a bit long at your lettered section, you can view the work at the “50/50, The Reliquary Redux Exhibition or grab a bite to eat. Charms will be given out from 7pm-8pm so stay close to the art building lobby and you’ll get your charm!
Your Friendly Symposium Staff